Changes in Transportation
- For any temporary change in a child's dismissal transportation, a parent/guardian must email or send a note to the teacher indicating the date and duration of the change, and the reason for the change.
- For a permanent change in a child’s dismissal transportation, a parent/guardian must complete the school’s in-house form here and turn it into the office.
- Changes to a child’s school bus assignment must be obtained with a TR-52-Request for an Exception to Ride a School Bus form and turned into the office for approval. Students may not ride a non-designated school bus home with a friend as buses are filled to capacity.
TR-52-Request for an Exception to Ride a School Bus
Arrival and Dismissal
- During arrival and dismissal, please follow the established rules and travel routes for the safety of all. Parents who wish to drop-off or pick-up students will need to use the Kiss & Ride loop, or park on the street and walk up to the building, using the designated crosswalks. For everyone's safety, do not walk between cars in the Kiss & Ride loop. We ask that parents follow the established procedures for Kiss & Ride as quickly and efficiently as possible. Just follow the direction of staff at Kiss & Ride. They will let you know what to do.
Kiss and Ride General Information
- Kiss & Ride Procedure Video - 2018-2019 School Year
- To ensure safety for everyone, please load and unload in the designated Kiss & Ride area only from the passenger side. The green tag issued at the start of the school year should be prominently displayed on the dashboard. Staff members will be available to direct drivers and help students in and out of vehicles.
- If a different person will pick up a student at Kiss & Ride, parents should first notify the teacher and office. Staff will require a driver's license and verification from the office before pick-up is allowed. If there are questions, the student will be sent to the office and the parent contacted.
Kiss and Ride Contract
- Kiss & Ride Contract
- Parents must stay with their children until 8:35 a.m. when school personnel opens the school doors.
- After school pick-up runs from 3:00 - 3:45 p.m.
- Please adhere to all safety expectations outlined in our contract.
- If your Kiss & RIde plans change, please notify your child's teacher, as well as the front office personnel as soon as possible.
School Bus Delay
- The purpose of this system is to provide parents with timely notification of late bus route information. The Office of Communication and Community Relations will be sending out notification of this system to parents via newsletters, media, and social media.
- Parents may access the following link https://busdelay.fcps.edu/ or the FCPS Mobile App to receive the delayed bus report. Morning route information will be available through 12 p.m.
- The afternoon route information will be available from 1:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. The bus delay notification system will run simultaneously until further notice.