School Innovation and Improvement Plan (SIIP)
Outcome goals for this academic year
- Franconia Elementary
- Region 3
- Andrew Smith, Principal
English Language Arts Strategies
- By June 2024, at least 70% of all 3rd grade students will pass their respective end of year assessment. By June 2024, at least 25% of students receiving special education services will pass their respective end of year assessment (SOL/VAAP).
- Improve daily, systematic, explicit instruction in phonological awareness, phonics, and morphology in the core language arts block.
- Increase use of data (e.g., iReady, CORE, PASS, PRF, WIDA) to plan instruction and monitor progress for students demonstrating risk.
- By June 2024, at least 71% of students in grades 3-6 will pass their respective end of year math assessment (SOL, VAAP).
- Improve teachers’ implementation of Framework for Engaging & Student-Centered Mathematics Instruction.
- Increase teachers’ implementation strategies related to Shift 8: from looking for correct answers towards revealing student thinking.
- By June 2024, at least 75% of all students (K-6) will identify that they "have a supportive environment" at Franconia Elementary, as measured by the SEL screener.
Increase knowledge on Mindfulness Lab, mindfulness program for students and staff
Increase sense of belonging as reported on the SEL screener at Franconia Elementary School
For additional information regarding this School Innovation and Improvement Plan, please contact Principal Andrew Smith.